– RB Jamaal Charles is hoping to return by training camp of this year.
– T Taylor Lewan is in good shape according to Mike Mularkey of the Tenessee Titans.
– WR Jordy Nelson is making good progress and is running routes in team sanctioned workouts.
– The Eagles suggest that they are not going to trade DT Fletcher Cox and will continue to work on a new contract for him.
– QB Jared Goff will visit the 49ers this upcoming Monday.
– Like the other franchise tagees Von Miller and Muhammad Wilkerson, CB Josh Norman will not attend his teams preseason workouts.
– The Chiefs lose their appeal. So they will lose their two draft picks for getting caught talking to WR Jeremy Maclin early in the free agent process.
– The NFL had an internal memo passed around their league office stating the concussion settlement money is a commitment to the retired players:
“Today’s decision is a significant step in implementing the clubs’ commitment to provide compensation to retired players who are experiencing cognitive or neurological issues,”
“It reflects the decision of the clubs to set aside strong legal and factual defenses, and instead provide medical care and compensation for retirees and their families.”
Mike Florio argues further that the NFL could have pushed to win the case but instead decided to back off in order to start a health rehabilitation program for players experiencing injuries.
– QB Derek Carr tells the media that a 7-9 finish is not good enough this year.
– RB Eddie Lacy lost 15-18 lbs according to a source within the Packers organization.
– According to Mike Florio, QB Andrew Luck is hoping to get a deal done with the Colts and is encouraged for next season at full health. He is also wondering if now that the Chiefs have lost their appeal, will the NFL investigate the rest of the league for tampering with free agents early?
– Seth Wickersham writes that even though DE Robert Nkemdiche is an oddball, that shouldn’t be the basis for his character concerns in the NFL.
– Steve Palazzolo writes a plan for how the Patriots can have a successful 2016 draft. Without a first rounder.
– Jeff Dooley debunks some draft myths for upcoming prospects in the draft.
– Chase Howell goes over some ways the Titans can spend their picks to help get a supporting cast around QB Marcus Mariota.
– The Broncos have resigned RB Ronnie Hillman to a one-year deal.
– CB Aqib Talib is playing with nothing less than a chip on his shoulder according to Troy Renck.
– LB Lerentee McCray signs with the Green Bay Packers.
– Presidential candidate Donald Trump hailed HC Rex Ryan for his “championships in New York”. Now, whoever wrote the story is probably nitpicking. But, it’s still funny like when John Elway accidentally thanked himself.
“Never make a decision when you’re angry and never make a promise when you’re happy.” – Anonymous