– According to Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune, WR Kevin White for the Chicago Bears had a titanium rod inserted into his tibia last year and is now full speed and then some. Good story.
– San Diego Mayor, Kevin Faulconer, asked the Chargers some hard questions about stadium design, location, and risks associated with their new stadium plan during one of his press conferences.
– Virginia Tech prospect, CB Kendall Fuller, received some good news at his medical recheck according to Ian Rapaport.
– Andy Reid finally gets his knee replaced.
– Texans T Duane Brown says his rehab is on schedule and he is determined to not push the rehab to a point where he has a setback on his now 30 year old body.
– Jeff Darlington reports that Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell of the Jacksonville Jaguars piggy-backed off of QB Blake Bortles’ golf outing in Cali to do some out-of-state recruiting. Specifically with LB Myles Jack of UCLA.
– The Cowboys worked out QB Jared Goff on Saturday morning and Jerry Jones loved what he saw.
– DE Muhammad Wilkerson is not attending the NY Jets offseason workout program anytime soon.
– The LA Rams coaching staff will meet with both QBs Jared Goff and Carson Wentz in order to determine who they will select with the #1 overall pick.
– QB Tony Romo is healthy and throwing Dilfer Dimes entering the Cowboys offseason workout program.
– NFL Hall of Famers, Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson recall the great agent, Eugene Parker at his funeral in Indiana.
– Surprisingly, youth football participation slightly increased in 2015 even with the now-known symptoms of concussions. I will also add that I have watched the first few episodes of Friday Night Tykes on Netflix and I am quite disturbed at the “me-first” attitudes and even moreso, the lack of awareness to keep young athletes safe by informing them that they need to keep their head up at all times. Here is a trailer clip for those who haven’t heard of the series.
And here are some thoughts from former C LeCharles Bentley at the middle of the page. I passionately agree with his takes.
– Former Clemson DE Shaq Lawson wants to develop the Paralympics after he gets his money from the next team that signs him.
– The Rams resigned K Greg Zuerlein to a one-year deal. They also worked out QB Vernon Adams Jr. out of Oregon and CB Winston Rose out of New Mexico State.
– Gordon McGuiness grades the rookie season of every pick taken in the 2015 NFL draft.
– Greg Gabriel breaks down his top 4 TEs and his top 5 OLB’s in the draft.
– In the spirit of Kobe Bryant putting up 60 points in his final game, Chase Stuart analyzes the greatest games by players who gained over 100 yards from the LOS in their career finale.
– According to Mike Klis, Von Miller will not attend the offseason workout program barring a new multi-year contract.
– Jeff Legwold writes that the Broncos have created some cap flexibility heading into the draft.
– Troy Renck delves into the fight of QB Mark Sanchez throughout his life and how it made him who he is today. A good story to read even for those who aren’t interested in football. I will probably link this again tomorrow for some of our workday readers just so you guys got the heads up.
– Woody Paige writes that the Broncos will play a game on Christmas.
– LB James Harrison joked about retiring after he heard that he would have to work three major holidays this year.
“When it comes to deciding whether to give great effort, there should be no choice.” – Anonymous