- QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has finally signed with the Jets on a one-year deal worth $12 million. If you were to ask Fitzy, it has been a long six months for him to finally be under contract right as training camp starts.
- The Packers are applying pressure on Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews to submit PED interviews by the NFL at the displeasure of the NFLPA.
- The recently retired, attempted rugby star, Jarryd Hayne, says if the NFL had a minor league, he would still be playing football.
- Eric Berry may skip all of training camp and preseason to try and get a larger contract than the franchise tender offers ($10.8 million). Considering he can still receive the full amount of his franchise tender if he signs it a few days before the regular season starts without being subject to fines, it seems like he is taking every inch he can get.
- After he missed a mandatory drug test, Le’Veon Bell vowed not to miss any games due to a pending violation of the NFL substance abuse policies. However, there really isn’t a lot of good faith that Le’Veon Bell will be with the Steelers for the first four games of the season.
- Dallas QB Dak Prescott has been found not guilty of Driving Under the Influence (DUI).
- After retiring from the NFL after one season, Former Colts RB Tyler Varga told Bob Kravitz of WTHR that fans should get used to seeing more players retire earlier because they are more educated on the risks associated with playing football.
- Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson will open camp on the PUP list.
- Ravens LB Terrell Suggs will also start the season on the PUP list.
- The Rams have granted QB Nick Foles his undying wish to be released, now free to be signed by another team. San Francisco’s QB battle may have gotten a little more interesting.
- Seattle RB Zac Brooks’ father has a lung condition which needed the aid of Zac most of his childhood. Zac Brooks says that the courage of his father to persevere has driven him to large heights.
- The Bears are pleased with Leonard Floyd’s weight gain.
- Here are some under-the-radar storylines for all 32 teams heading into preseason. The Broncos LB battle occupies one of those stories.
- Chase Howell, from PFF, discusses statistics and football with Colts DE Henry Anderson and is a good read for you football nerds like myself.
- Mike Renner believes that C Ryan Kelly, newly-drafted by the Colts, will be the key to improving the Colts OL. He also asks if Anquan Boldin can bring anything special to the Lions.
- Carl Yedor breaks down the worst CBs from the previous year by charting stats.
- Chase Stuart analyzes the least-conforming games of 2015.
- Peter King argues that the Fitzy to Jets deal had to get done.
- Albert Breer breaks down the ten biggest questions heading into camp and then interviews Jack Del Rio about the potential of the Raiders. Del Rio says the group is really close right now and can make some noise, they just have to prove it first.
- Demarcus Ware’s chronic back injuries throughout his career have put him on the Non-Football Injury list (NFI) by the Broncos front office. John Elway commented that Demarcus was going to be managed through the preseason regardless if he was on the list or not.
- Aqib Talib has also been put on the NFI list.
- John Elway affirms Gary Kubiak’s statement that the QB competition is “wide open” by saying just that.
- Jeff Legwold comments the Broncos open camp with a chance to be better than last year’s team.
- Mark Sanchez will get the first shot at the QB competition.
- Mike Rodak compiled a list of funny quotes from Buffalo Bills players, coaches, and front office executives including none other than their head coach, Rex Ryan.
” Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” – Mark Twain