– Believe it or not, Blaine Gabbert is seen as a better fit for Chip Kelly’s system in San Francisco than the unheralded Colin Pumpernickel. Which kind of mmakes sense considering Gabbert came from a true spread in college at Mizzou.
– Bill Belichick is responsible for having the least diverse coaching staff in the NFL. Come to think of it, he also has the least diverse WR group. Did he win all of those championships because he is racist? Is that why he wears the hood over his head? Because he is a secret member of the Ku Klux Klan? Mind Blown. He really is evil.
– If you were to ask RB Ameer Abdullah, he thinks that kickoffs should not be taken away from the sport because they are just one-on-one blocks as opposed to the former wedges the league used to allow.
– The NFL is insisting that the players who were accused of taking PEDs must come forth for interviews instead of signing affadavits.
– The NFL will investigate the domestic violence allegations made against Ezekiel Elliot for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend while they were in the car together. From the photos taken, it looks pretty bad for him right about now.
– The Browns added DL Nick Hayden.
– The Bears cut former Bronco, S Omar Bolden.
– Colts DL Arthur Jones is suspended for four games for violating the league’s PED policy.
– Le’Veon Bell may face a four-game ban for missing a mandatory drug test.
– DeAndre Hopkins hopes to get his new deal sometime in the near future and can’t wait for his big payday.
– Mike Sando contends that the Rooney Rule coaching hires have stalled meaning that the rule still has work to do in getting more minority coaches into the NFL.
– Dan Graziano argues that Le’Veon Bell’s upcoming ‘payday’ took a big hit with the missed drug test suspension surfacing. Jeremy Fowler believes that the offense will still be great, even without the added dimension that the RB provides.
– Chase Stuart breaks down the outlier teams to his great passing attacks like the 1968 Cardinals.
– Former Bronco RB Cedric Cobbs successfully avoided prison time on drug charges when he told the court that he needs to get treatment for a certain brain disease.
– Nicki Jhabvala wrote a piece on the Von Miller situation in Denver and gathers some player’s thoughts about it.
– Mark Kiszla and Cameron Wolfe ask the all-important question that’s on everyone’s mind: Who will be the starting QB in Week 1? Cameron also writes that it is the #1 battle to watch heading into the season. Mark Kiszla writes that the QB situation isn’t really important at all.
Remembering Dennis Green
– Kevin Seifert remembers some quotes and stories about Dennis Green.
– Tony Dungy is thankful for the opportunities that his former HC was able to provide for him as a young coach.
– The rest of the football community mourns Dennis Green’s untimely death including an Ed McCaffery who played for him at Stanford.
“Take time to have fun in your life. It’s a Saturday.” – Anonymous