– Ricardo Lockette writes for the Player’s Tribune about the hit that almost killed him but did end his NFL career.
– LB Stephen Tulloch has been released by the Lions.
– The Houston Texans want to use their ILB Benardrick McKinney as another pass rusher, according to Mike Vrabel, to add to their already strong one including J.J Watt, Whitney Mercilus, and Jadeveon Clowney.
– LB Malcolm Smith says the Raiders have not only gotten better talent-wise but, have increased their football IQ as well. Whether it will be enough to make them any better than the last-ranked team in penalties every year will be another story.
– Former OL Kyle Calloway died yesterday after being struck by a train. RIP. Family members said he liked to run across the train tracks in his free time. They have also donated his brain for CTE research.
– Ex-WR Devone Bess pleads not guilty to the unlawful flight charge.
– Antonio Brown told the writer for his profile in ESPN’s body issue that being passed up made him hungry to play harder.
– Bill Barnwell states that the Seahawks-Cardinals rivalry is among the most talented to ever take the field. Behind them were the 1997 Chiefs (13-3) vs the 1997 Broncos (12-4).
– Sheil Kapadia continues his Russell Wilson love fest as he compares him to Andrew Luck yet again and comes to the conclusion that Russell Wilson’s passing stats are better across the board.
– NFC North writers answer the pertinent question of what to do with Teddy Bridgewater.
– AFC West writers debate whether Joey Bosa will finish with double-digit sacks.
– Nathan Jahnke goes over the five best LB contracts.
– Sterling Xie breaks down efficiency of the play-action in offenses with Carolina and Minnesota using it the most and the Arizona Cardinals being the far best efficient at using it.
– George Atallah, NFLPA executive, says comparing contracts across sports doesn’t work because no two sports are alike in the money they can distribute.
– The Broncos are trying to become more grounded on offense and control the tempo of the game with the rock, Legwold says.
– Let’s just say Steve Smith is not a huge fan of the NFL Top 100 list.
– Denard Robinson was found asleep in his car after he drove into a nearby pond. No major injuries were sustained fortunately.
– DE Lawrence Okoye was cut from the Cardinals last year for not following Bruce Arians #1 rule: Do not park in the wrong spot.
“There’s always room for improvement, it’s the biggest room in the house.” – Louise Heath Leber