– Just like Arena Football was interested in Todd Marinovich during his drug-addled days as a player, they are now also interested in Johnny Manziel.
– NBA Free Agency is making some waves with some NFL players who dream of the big contract. And made those that haven’t made their big contract yet to dream of playing in the NBA, including Emmanuel Sanders and T.J Ward.
– Charles Sly’s accusations, who have been recanted, of players who were involved in the PED ordeal have no bearing on whether or not the NFL will investigate it’s own players.
– TE Darren Waller has been suspended until October 3rd for violating the substance abuse policy.
– QB Connor Shaw has been cut by the Browns.
– Mike Florio watched the “All or Nothing” series featuring the Arizona Cardinals that debuted on Amazon and says he wants more.
– Florio also makes the argument that Blake Bortles, David Carr, and Teddy Bridgewater will all be next in line to get huge deals from their respective teams. He also mentions that Andrew Luck’s deal will have no affect on the deal Kirk Cousins will get after this year.
– Danny Shimon labels his class sleepers for the AFC South.
– Gordon McGuiness argues the Ravens could be a heavy ground-and-pound team this upcoming season. He also believes that S Karl Joseph could be a great pickup for the Raiders.
– Chase Stuart asks if Ryan Tannehill fits in the pantheon of great QBs.
– The Aqib Talib case is still murky but, the NFL is still looking into the case to decide what an appropriate punishment would be. Even though he probably shot himself, the police are investigating it as an aggravated assault. The police report on the incident was also released and it didn’t really reveal much info.
– The Broncos are attempting to replace the Sports Authority Field name with a company who hasn’t gone bankrupt by talking to as many as 12 other bidders for the naming rights.
– Shiloh Keo pled guilty to a misdemeanor DUI. Suspension coming in 3…2…1…
– Joe Messineo writes an article that was five months late to the party asking if the Denver Broncos gave the rest of the league the key to stopping the Carolina Panthers.
– CJ Spillman received a five-year prison sentence for his convicted sexual assault.
“Playing it safe is the biggest risk you can take.” – Bill Burr