– The super-secret Sports Science department the Texans have created is being kept a secret by everyone involved. What they’re researching is still a mystery to everyone else.
– QB Andrew Luck admitted that he didn’t play very well even when he was healthy.
– Before his domestic violence incident, TE Richard Gordon had been evaluated for possible mental illnesses three times. Darin Gantt notes that it doesn’t matter what your political beliefs are, Richard Gordon getting access to a AR-15 with mental health evaluations pending is a chilling thought.
– According to RB Carlos Hyde, players are buying into what Chip Kelly is preaching.
– Albert Breer interviewed Jim Harbaugh on his job at Michigan. Harbaugh told him that he is 10 out of 10 happy with where he is at and he is excited to be there everyday.
– Marvin Lewis told media that he likes to promote from in-house first to keep continuity within his program. In other words, he doesn’t want to interview 500 applicants for his OC job or train someone outside who is an unknown quantity when he can just hire someone within the organization and be done with it.
– The Falcons believe their new stadium will be finished by the June 1, 2017 target date.
– Dan Campbell was ‘recruited’ by Sean Payton to be an assistant for the Saints after he served as an interim head coach for the Dolphins following Joe Philbin’s firing. Because he and Sean Payton worked with each other for eight years prior, Dan Campbell took the job with him. It’s not about what you know, it’s about who you know.
– Gordon McGuinness breaks down QB Andrew Luck’s season in 2015 and takes a look at RB Reggie Bush’s career thus far.
– Josh Liskiewitz argues that WR Kevin White should see ample time as the #2 WR opposite of Alshon Jeffrey this upcoming season.
– AFC North writers debate if LB Vontaze Burfict is a dirty player or if he is just that competitive.
– William Moy asks if S Eric Weddle can revive the Ravens secondary.
– Chase Staurt provides some more of his thoughts on leaders in career receiving yards minus junk/garbage yards.
– John Elway won the Horrigan Award from the Pro Football Writers of America for best aiding reporters to do their job.
Super-Confident / Shenangians
– TE Kyle Rudolph thinks he’s better then any other TE in the league. He elaborated by saying he is a great pass protector and run blocker which does not get measured because it’s a “fantasy football world”.
– CB Stanley Wilson II was shot after he broke into someone’s house bare-naked.
– A young camper attending Baltimore WR Steve Smith’s football camp yelled “Go Patriots!” when Steve was doing an interview.
– Posted before: Ben Affleck ranted about Deflategate and it was awesome.
“I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I have been trusted to take the game winning shot and I missed. I have failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan