– The team of Rex and Rob Ryan will go for broke in Buffalo this year. Rob Ryan also says that he did a damn good job with the Saints and got fired for it. In other news, the brothers also think that working together has caused them to both gain weight. Here is the joint interview with MMQB that they did in full.
“We never lost a fight in our life,” Rex Ryan said of his brother Rob in a joint interview with TheMMQB.com. “Ever. And we ain’t losing this one. And that’s a true statement. Not just because we are badasses — because we are, individually — but collectively, it’s a lot different. To this day, no man is going to whip me. Why? Because I’ve got my brother with me. And I’ve got my brother, [defensive coordinator] Dennis Thurman, with me. Ed Reed is here for a reason. These players are going to be like that, too. We want to fight like brothers. I don’t know if we have 100 percent buy-in from even the entire building. I don’t know yet. But the people directly with me, my coaching staff and the players, that’s where it starts. I don’t know all the business people yet; they should be ‘all in,’ but I don’t know. There’s times when the doubt part, that can be driven through the media. But I’m going to surround myself with the very best, and I’m going to win.”
– The punishment for the Ravens came in yesterday for trying to skirt some of the practice rules. They are docked a week of OTA’s, Harbuagh is fined $137,000, and the team is fined $343,000.
– Aaron Rodgers, who hasn’t been the biggest proponent of having technology come onto the field, argues that WR Randall Cobb suffered a punctured lung last year because he fell on a mic pack that was equipped on him to get ‘mic’d up’ sounds.
– Reports have surfaced stating ESPN announcer Chris Berman will retire after the 2016 NFL season. Berman’s agent denies the report.
– Former Duke QB, Anthony Boone, is still in the hospital after he got in a collision with Panthers’ LB Shaq Thompson.
– The Cowboys are looking to get value from G Ronald Leary, whose place was taken by G La’el Collins last year, but won’t be apt to just give him away.
– LB Marcus Smith looks to prove the pundits wrong for calling him a bust after two years with the Eagles.
– Vikings DT B.J Dubose’s season ends early with a torn ACL.
– Lions RB Ameer Abdullah had shoulder surgery.
– Ray Rice spoke to Ravens’ rookies as they entered into OTAs and supposedly gave a powerful message, both the “good and the bad”.
– Titans second-rounder, DE Kevin Dood, had foot surgery yesterday. He’s out until training camp.
– Roger Goodell has re-affirmed the NFL is going to continue funding concussion research.
– Josh Liskiewitz analyzes the depth chart of the Lions WR corp after some key injuries took place and talks about the return of a WR Kelvin Benjamin in Carolina.
– Bryan Vesnaver hands the Saints a C+ for their off-season. Here are all of the team’s off-season grades abbreviated.
– Chase Stuart breaks down the players who have scored the most game-winning TDs in NFL history.
– Sheil Kapadia says the Seahawks are counting on the return of RB Thomas Rawls and TE Jimmy Graham to make another run at a Super Bowl.
– John Clayton ranks his Top 15 free agents still available.
– Michael Rothstein believes the Detroit Lions are having to adjust a lot since they no longer have a safety net in WR Calvin Johnson.
– The Brandon Marshall, although has been offered a tender of one year, $2.553 million, hasn’t signed the tender as of yet in hopes it and showing up for OTAs will lead to a long-term deal down the road.
– New T Russell Okung, is looking to get into a startup business as he continues his playing career.
– Mark Kiszla writes three ways the Broncos defense can improve on their dominant 2015 season.
– Wade Phillips has some concern about Demarcus Ware’s back issues. He also says he is optimistic that Von Miller will sign a deal and Sly Williams says he’s ready to take over as the starting Nose for the Broncos.
Scripps Spelling Shenanigans
– Nihar Janga, the co-winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee ignored his opponent at the end of the round and threw up Dez Bryant’s famous “X” celebration. Dez Bryant commented that he wants to hang out with Nihar sometime soon.
“Thinking will no overcome fear but action will.” – W. Clement Stone