– Jets Owner, Woody Johnson, thinks that the league’s message regarding concussions and CTE hasn’t been handled very well and needs to improve it’s public relations department. Bills GM, Don Whaley, may have something to do with Johnson’s comment as he told media today that “humans are not supposed to play football.”
– Roger Goodell opposes the known-as-controversial North Carolina House Bill 2, that states people must go to the bathroom as their birth gender rather than the gender they identify as.
– Goodell also stated that it’s very commonplace to have disagreements with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and that their most recent disagreement is no different.
– Mark Davis believes that a move to Las Vegas will unite the “Raider Nation”.
– Former S Ryan Mundy is suing Schutt for injuries that he sustained from a hit that left permanent scarring on his head.
– The Lions have already waived one of their rookies OL Darius Johnson.
– QB Jameis Winston is glad to be reunited with 2nd round draft pick, K Roberto Aguayo.
– HC Mike McCarthy says that he is pleased with the weight loss of RB Eddie Lacy this off-season and McCarthy believes Lacy will hit his target weight by the time the season rolls around. Lacy also concurs that he looks good so far.
– Titans OL Byron Bell dislocated his ankle in OTAs.
– Atlanta, Miami, and Los Angeles were all awarded Super Bowls before 2022.
– Sean Wagner-McGough provides a progress report for all the teams in the NFC North. Jared Dubin does one for the NFC East.
– QB Derek Carr predicts that his teammate LB Khalil Mack, will breaks the sack record next year.
– When asked about QB Trevor Siemien, Gary Kubiak had this to say about him:
“Not many guys are asking about him, but I’m really excited about Trevor. He’s got a chance to be a really good player. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He basically took the first group today. With what you guys got to see, he’s practiced very well. I think Trevor has a lot of confidence in himself right now.”
– QB Mark Sanchez is still fighting for the starting job, according to Jeff Legwold.
– Troy Renck answers questions from his mailbag one of which includes whether the Broncos should offer Peyton Manning a position in the Broncos staff. He also notes the QB competition is on between the three QBs.
– QB Paxton Lynch had a wristband on him during his time in Memphis that said “Earn it.” Mark Kiszla says that advice would help him launch into the starting QB job in Denver.
Shit-Talking / Saliva Slurping
– John Harbaugh commented that Mike Tomlin is a “pretty good tackler” when recalling his incident where he attempted to trip Jacoby Jones on his way to a TD.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Ghandi