– A congressional report called out the NFL after they improperly tried to influence a section by the National Institutes for Health (NIH) involving a method for detecting CTE in living patients.
“In this instance, our investigation has shown that while the NFL had been publicly proclaiming its role as funder and accelerator of important research, it was privately attempting to influence that research.”
“Once you get anybody who’s heavily involved with the NFL trying to influence what kind of research takes place, you break that chain that guarantees the integrity, and that’s what I think is so crucial here,” U.S. Rep. Frank Pauline (pictured) told ESPN.com. “Fortunately, the NIH didn’t take the bait. It shouldn’t be a rigged game. If it is, then people won’t really know whether what we’re finding through this research is accurate.”
– RB Jay Ajayi says he has been really excited since the Miami Dolphins let RB Lamar Miller move on.
– QB Tom Brady will file his petition for a re-hearing today.
– A possible Vegas move from Oakland was not discussed at the owner’s meetings in Charlotte, NC.
– CB Stephon Gilmore will not be at the Bills’ OTAs this week.
– The Competition Committee is proposing that the replay process will not change except for the Ravens’ proposal that there will be a list on non-reviewable plays instead of reviewable plays.
– T DJ Humphries, former first-rounder, said that being a healthy scratch all year for the Cardinals humbled him.
– The Saints have signed WR Vincent Brown.
– T Jack Conklin has signed his contract with the Tennessee Titans.
– CB Richard Sherman thinks that RB Marshawn Lynch may not be done in the NFL mainly because ‘he is predictable as a pair of dice’.
– The Jags have signed their now-injured 1st round pick CB Jalen Ramsey.
– T Eugene Monroe treated homeless veterans to a fishing trip over the weekend.
– Peter King releases his MMQB in which he goes over future Super Bowl sites, rule changes, and his thoughts on the NFL.
– Mike Florio asks if putting players in Las Vegas is a bad idea.
– Todd Archer believes the Cowboys OL is going to make the RB’s job a lot easier.
– Ben Gosseling believes QB Teddy Bridgewater’s development is the Viking biggest question heading into OTAs.
– John Breitenbach gives the Raiders an A for their off-season, Thomas Maney gives the Chargers a B notably for drafting DE Joey Bosa, and Eric Eager gives the Chiefs a C+ for their off-season efforts.
– Jeff Legwold observes that QB Paxton Lynch, albeit a first round pick, will not play as soon as his other teammates who were recently drafted.
– Beth Bowlen-Wallace, daughter of Pat Bowlen, graduated with a law degree from Denver University.
– Ben Stockwell gave the Broncos a C+ for their offseason.
– Cam Newton dresses fashionably and markets himself via Instagram.
“Nothing worth having comes easy” – Anonymous