I had to take care of something that happened unexpectedly this morning. However, my company gives me an hour of lunch which I never 45 minutes of anyway so, I have decided to finish this morning’s IAOFM so that you guys at least have a finished product today. Thanks for all of your patience, I hope this situation does not happen much in the future. You guys are awesome!
– WR Larry Fitzgerald shares his journey on obtaining a college degree.
– The Bears have announced they will charge more for tickets to the Packers game this season. The Bears are also very hopeful that their RB committee can fill RB Matt Forte’s shoes.
– When Jason Cole reported that T Laremy Tunsil slid down the draft board due to an arthritic condition in his ankle, the Miami Dolphins were not only puzzled but they were also “borderline angry” that would even be a concern. Mike Florio confirms from his source that there were no concerns with Tunsil’s ankle pre-draft.
– Former basketball star from Baylor, Rico Gathers, will sign on as a TE with the Cowboys.
– The Cowboys sign their second-rounder LB Jaylon Smith.
– The Titans are expecting QB Marcus Mariota to become a more vocal leader in the locker room. One of the main reasons the Bucs passed on him when they had the #1 overall pick was concerns with his laid-back leadership style.
– Jags rookie CB Jalen Ramsey has suffered a small meniscus tear which means this would be the second year in a row the Jags first-round pick suffered a major injury.
– The Steelers are experimenting with a robotic tackling dummy during their workouts. The robotic tackling dummy was a show-stealer at the AFCA convention last January.
– The NFL has returned $723K of tax money for sponsored military tributes.
– The NFL has decided to move the Pro Bowl to Orlando, FL in 2017.
– As Jeremy posted yesterday, 90% of Native Americans are okay with the Redskins name.
– The Saints have added K Connor Barth to their roster.
– Mike Maccagnan, Jets Pro Personnel Director, says him and his staff have high hopes for QB Christian Hackenberg.
– Danny Shimon analyzes potential “sleeper” draft picks in the AFC East.
– Gordon McGuiness takes a look on how the injury CB Jalen Ramsey suffered hurts the Jags going forward.
– LB Von Miller spent some time with WR Odell Beckham Jr. at Six Flags by the Magic Mountain ride. QB Russell Wilson also told Von he’s nominating him for the “King of Swag” award.
“Strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it’s from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Anonymous