– Sashi Brown, GM of the Cleveland Browns, states he knows that eyes are on his team after he traded down.
– RB Cameron Artis-Payne of the Carolina Panthers was arrested for speeding yesterday.
– CB Bashaud Breeland, who was quietly becoming a fixture at CB for the Generals, took the recent Norman signing as disrespect.
– CB Josh Norman wanted to sign the one-year tender with the Panthers for a little over $13 million only to find out it was too late. Hence why he fired his agent.
– Philadelphia GM, Howie Roseman, declared that the Philadelphia Eagles must have a franchise QB to win in the future.
– The NFL had no positive drug tests at the NFL combine this year for the first time in a long time.
– Former DL Ron Brace died at age 29 yesterday, RIP.
– RB Thurman Thomas told others yesterday that he still struggles with the effects of concussions. They are tied to mood swings.
– The Falcons exercised their fifth year option on CB Desmond Trufant.
– Darin Gantt writes that the Browns had multiple first round picks before due to trading down but haven’t capitalized on it in the past.
– Peter King draws up his detailed mock draft with some of the ramblings included around the league.
– Katz analyzes the best and worst teams at finding late round steals in the draft using Average Value as the measurement. The Broncos rank 7th among all teams with the Green Bay Packers leading the league. Kansas City Chiefs are 31st.
– Todd Archer writes that the Cowboys have a lot of flexibility with the fourth pick of the draft.
– Chase Stuart analyzes team’s Run and Pass Ratios in regard to their overall efficiency since 1970.
– Greg Gabriel analyzes the top G’s in the draft.
– Matt Pearce breaks down the top 20 DL coming out in the draft.
– CB Jalen Ramsey compared himself to LB Von Miller when asked about the role he can play on a team.
– Cameron Wolfe analyzes some ILB’s that could be a good fit for the Broncos.
– Jeff Legwold argues that the 2006 draft class was the best draft class the Broncos had despite how crazy it all was.
Spartan Shenanigans / Sufferin’ Succotash
– QB Connor Cook was very peeved at negative opinions directed at him and handled that criticism by letting his emotions get the best of him. Most of that criticism has been tied to reports that he lacks ability to become a leader because he was never voted team captain:
“I think he just gets caught up in the persona and the whole ‘being the quarterback,’ ” said a scout for a fourth team who has studied Cook extensively. “That’s just my gut. The lifestyle’s more important to him than the actual grind and the process.”
– The Raiders may finally sell out their season tickets after never selling out once in their team history.
– QB Johnny Manziel was indicted on an assault charge.
– Andrew Luck started a book club with his teammates and now has a website to pass on all of his reading recommendations upon to you.
“I am not he first guy willing to die to feed his family.” – James J. Braddock aka. Cinderella Man