– CB Josh Norman signs with the Generals on a 5-year, $75 million deal with $50 million in guarantees.
– Texans GM, Rick Smith stated they probably could have received a pick in exchange for QB Brian Hoyer.
– The Patriots sign LS Christian Yount and LB Tony Steward. And no, those are not typos.
– Free agent LB Nick Moody will cooperate in fullness with regard to the Aldon Smith prosecution. His failure to appear in court last Friday was, according to him, a miscommunication error.
– GM of the San Diego Chargers, Tom Telesco, said that trade talks have slowed down a lot for the #3 overall pick since the trade for the #2 occurred.
– Gus Bradley and crew got back from working out LB Myles Jack and they were impressed with what they saw.
– John Dorsey, GM of the KC Chiefs, says LB Justin Houston will be ready to go in 2016 after suffering an ACL tear late last season.
– Some NFL refs will get some time in the CFL to keep their reffing skills sharp.
– The Browns say that the draft day trade out of the #2 pick doesn’t guarantee that QB Robert Griffin III will start for them opening day.
– Dan Graziano is just as happy as Nick is that CB Josh Norman will be playing in the same division as WR Odell Beckham Jr.
– Here are the PFF Draft Boards for all 32 teams.
– Now that Josh Norman has signed, the ESPN guys have put up a vote on who the best CB in the NFL is. Chris Harris is not included as an option.
– Mike Florio points out the sexual assault case regarding Baylor prospect Shawn Oakman got a little bit interesting. Putting on his lawyer hat, he notes that because the victim initiated contact with Shawn, he can frame the case in his favor because there were no other witnesses besides the alleged victim and Shawn Oakman.
– Mike Florio also notes that the structure of the Josh Norman deal will say a lot about how the Generals view him. He also argues that the first round of the draft is a total crapshoot.
– Kevin Seifert compares the signing of CB Josh Norman to the free agent signing of former DT Albert Haynesworth and argues that they overpaid for him. But, brings up that CB Josh Norman is “unquestionably elite.”
– Here is Chris Collinsworth’s second mock draft.
– Chase Stuart analyzes CBs taken in the first round of the draft and the production afterwards.
– Nicki Jhabvala from the Denver Post wrote a feature article about why NFL players are pushing for CBD use by athletes. One of the forementioned athletes include Jake Plummer, who uses it for keeping him healthy before playing handball and also helped former WR Rick Upchurch in his fight against cancer. Jhabvala also mentions that the compound showed a lot of promise after treating epilepsy in children effectively.
– Doc Bear’s articles from 2014 about medicinal use/safety in professional sports: Part 1, Part 2, Opiod use and chronic pain, New approaches for reducing concussions.
– Troy Renck compares John Elway’s pursuit for another QB to a two minute drill to win the game. He also notes that the Broncos are expecting big things from TE Jeff Heuerman.
– Here’s an interesting game to play during the draft: Take this draft board and see how accurate it is to John Elway’s selections during the draft.
– Marshawn Lynch turned 30 years old but, still hasn’t filed the paperwork for retirement as of yet.
“Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso