– QB Carson Wentz could be the first FCS player to be selected #1 overall since Ed “Too Tall” Jones.
– WR Percy Harvin is retiring via a source with the Buffalo Bills.
– Cowboys Jerry Jones and Co. have flown out and will work out QB Jared Goff.
– A source suggests the Rams are leaning towards selecting QB Jared Goff with the first overall pick.
– The Los Angeles Rams first home opener comes against the Seahawks which will mean Pete Carroll will be at USC for the first time since he left them to most likely escape from the recruiting scandal that penalized the USC Trojans.
– The Colts are the first team not to receive a bye after their London game.
– The Sunday Night Football slate kicks off with a game between the Arizona Cardinals and the New England Patriots.
– The Steelers owner, Art Rooney, suggests that the game between his team and the Bengals without LB Vontaze Burfict was not extra punishment for the Bengals.
– The NFL season caps off with all 32 teams playing on New Year’s Day.
– The Giants avoid using the General’s real name in their official schedule. The Giants say they use both names for Washington, since they probably just don’t care, which is fine and all.
– NBC, CBS, Twitter, and the NFL Network decide to divvy up Thursday Night Football games.
– The NFL writing staff predicts the outcome for all 32 teams in the NFL. Brian Dawkins (in the video) predicts an 11-5 season for the Broncos.
– Kevin Seifert takes a look back at the five biggest draft day trades in NFL history.
– Mike Sando says the Rams made a desperation trade but, no one can really blame them.
– According to Steve Palazzolo, the Titans absolutely killed in their trade of the #1 overall pick.
– Sam Monson and Steve Palazzolo do a head to head mock draft and QB Carson Wentz is off the board first.
– Chase Stuart develops a color-coated NFL schedule on Excel Spreadsheet for you visual guys!
– Pat Bowlen’s son, John Bowlen, is found guilty of a Class 3 midemeanor charge of harassment.
– QB Connor Cook visited with the Broncos on a pre-draft visit.
– C Matt Paradis signs his tender with the Broncos.
“You can observe a lot by watching” – Yogi Berra