– RB Thomas Rawls says that he will not just be ready for camp, he’ll most definitely be ready for camp.
– After months of speculation, the UFC has sold for $4 billion which means Dana White now has enough money to buy an island.
– After seven weeks of filing, the Second Circuit still has not taken any action on the Brady case.
– Former Nugget and current Knick, Carmelo Anthony, had some thoughts on the recent shootings in Dallas:
“The system is Broken. Point blank period. It has been this way forever. Martin Luther King marched. Malcolm X rebelled. Muhammad Ali literally fought of US. Our anger should be towards the system. If the system doesn’t change we will continue to turn on the TVs and see the same thing. We have to put the pressure on the people in charge in order to get this thing we call JUSTICE right. A march doesn’t work. We tried that. I’ve tried that. A couple social media post/tweet doesn’t work. We’ve all tried that. That didn’t work. Shooting 11 cops and killing 5 WILL NOT work. While I don’t have a solution, and I’m pretty sure a lot of people don’t have a solution, we need to come together more than anything at this time. We need each other. These politicians have to step up and fight for change. Go to your local officials, leaders, congressman, assemblymen/assemblywoman and demand change. There’s NO more sitting back and being afraid of tackling and addressing political issues anymore. Those days are long gone. We have to step up and take charge. We can’t worry about what endorsements we gonna lose or whose going to look at us crazy. I need your voices to be heard. We can demand change. We just have to be willing to. THE TIME IS NOW. I’M all in. Take Charge. Take Action. DEMAND CHANGE. Carmelo Anthony.”
– Former FB Jarryd Hayne, who tried out for the rugby team in the Olympics, did not make the cut.
– The 2016 rule book clarifies intentional grounding a little more.
– The San Diego Chargers plan for a new stadium will be voted on this November.
– If you ask RB Todd Gurley of the St. Louis Rams, people need to draft him first overall.
– Lions G Geoff Schwartz wrote the MMQB for this week in which he gives his thoughts on how he stuck around in the NFL through nine years and what he thinks about social media and players getting arrested.
– San Diego trainer, Todd Durkin, says that the Eagles are absolutely loaded at the QB position.
– Mike Reiss says he has learned 10 things from watching Bill Belichick’s teams over the years even though Bill Belichick is one of the kings of not saying anything.
– AFC West writers discuss the best newcomer to the division.
– Jordan Plocher asks if the Cardinals benefitted from Detroit’s decision to draft Ameer Abdullah.
– John Breitenbach breaks down the Top 10 gamebreakers in the NFL. I personally think Antonio Brown is #1.
– Vic Lombardi reports that the Broncos increased the amount of guarantees from $58 million to $61 million in their latest counter-offer to Von Miller. Von may be seeking for $9 million more though so don’t be surprised if this drags on a little longer.
– The Broncos are waiting for Von Miller’s camp to respond.
– NFL Insider, Mark Dominik, says that a deal for Von Miller will get done.
– Cameron Wolfe wrote a profile of Darian Stewart from his days as a little boy all the way to the NFL.
– After rapping that he will need $15 million a year, LeVeon Bell has backed off that message commenting that he would take an amount around $15 million a year and that they would get a deal worked eventually.
“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” – Nelson Mandela