– According to the recently retired Calvin Johnson, he used painkillers a lot and tells the interviewer that his trainers “handed them out like candy”. If any of the players needed it, they could call out for it and they would give it to you with no problem. Johnson elaborated that the doctors he worked with were good people, they were just trying to do their job. He also mentioned that concussions happen in football and he sustained a concussion on the third play of every game if not every down.
– A new movie featuring Ricky Williams’ life decision to retire early from the NFL will be released in the near future. He admits that he “kind of” quit football to smoke weed but not the way that people put it.
– According to a source close to Mike Florio, Kirk Cousins and the Washington Redskins will not come together on a long-term deal by July 15.
– Jim Kelly may have done the courageous and seemingly impossible by beating cancer for the second time.
– The Pensylvannia Attorney General has closed the investigation against RB LeSean McCoy for allegedly beating up three police officers.
– Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher have found a way to get into contact with some of their college recruits since satellite camps were banned at the Division I level: by organizing “equipment donations” at high schools in the flooded areas of West Virginia. They could perhaps being doing this of the goodness of their hearts and maybe I’m a cynical nincompoop.
– Count teammate Bruce Irvin in along with LB Malcolm Smith as guys who think Khalil Mack is a freak of nature.
– Old-timer RB Paul Hornung is suing Riddell for damages he sustained playing football in the 1960s.
– OL Dominique Robertson and his lawyer have filed a complaint against the Riverside County Police Department for allegedly denying access to water and nutrition while he was being brought in for questioning.
– AFC West writers discuss which team in their division has the best skill position players. Everyone came to a strong consensus that Denver was in the lead by a mile.
– Cian Fahey breaks down film on QB Tyrod Taylor of the Buffalo Bills.
– Chase Stuart compares the recent Kevin Durant move to one Hardy Nickerson joining the Jacksonville Jaguars.
– NFC West writers debate whether Chip Kelly’s offense will fit the personnel of his team.
– AFC South writers debate whether the Colts made the right move in retaining Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano.
– AFC East writers ask what Adam Gase’s impact will be on Ryan Tannehill. My personal guess is that Ryan will experience a lot of growth this year and will be a different QB by year 2.
– WR Demaryius Thomas led a youth football camp yesterday. Von Miller also honored the DeSoto Police and Fire Department with his efforts as well.
– Peyton Manning commented that he thinks Von will resign with the Broncos.
“Change worth making is difficult.” – Anonymous