– Here is the official Forbes list of highest earning athletes. Two girly-girls made the top two spots.
– Due to the Green Bay – Arizona game this year where Clete Blakeman tried to flip the coin to no avail, the NFL mandated that the coin has to flip in order to count as a valid coin flip.
– Despite losing some weight and laying off the soda and Sour Patch Kids, Seahawks DE Frank Clark says he will not be moving to LB after the departure of LB Bruce Irvin.
– When HC Dirk Koetter was asked about his corners who were all 5’10” or below, he told media: “They’re not going to grow, they’re not going to grow, alright? So we’ve got 5,000 stories out there about short corners. You can’t bitch about your players. They’re the ones you’ve got. These guys aren’t going to grow.”
– WR Roddy White has told teams that he will either sign with a contender or retire.
– RB Darren McFadden sues his ex-financial manager for mishandling/misplacing/stealing his $15 million.
– DE Hockalougie Kesnakjahn of the Saints is being evaluated by team doctors after he sustained a knee injury.
– Steelers’ defensive assistant Joey Porter vows to follow the newly-instated “Porter Rule” that bans assistants from entering the field of play.
– Rich Cimini writes about DE Helva Mantangulu’s journey from Kenya to the Jets.
– Mike Florio argues that QB Andrew Luck should insist on signing a contract that takes up a percentage of the salary cap in future years.
– Danny Shimon identifies some of the class sleepers in the AFC North.
– Adam Teicher notes that all of the Chiefs’ TEs are former basketball players.
– Phil Sheridan says that even though GM Howie Roseman’s unusual plan with three QBs isn’t flawless, it still gives the Eagles a better chance of finding their QBOTF.
– Chase Stuart looks at the leaders in rookie receiving yards for every franchise. Mr. Humility, Eddie Royal, holds that record for the Broncos.
– Jeff Legwold argues that the Broncos face uncertainty with both Aqib Talib and Von Miller.
– After Aqib Talib’s troubles in Dallas, Troy Renck did a feature piece on CB Kayvon Webster who really wants to become part of the “No Fly Zone”.
– QB Paxton Lynch signed his four-year deal with the Broncos. His first three years are fully guaranteed.
– Matt Claassen breaks down Von Miller’s contract talks in Denver.
– John Harbaugh took a subtle jab at the NFL.
A sign that has been hanging up at the place I work for a long time: