– Nick Saban and Bret Bielema have come together to propose a combine-like even for underclassmen so that NFL coaches can get a better look at what student-athletes are like away from football.
– CB Malcolm Butler will be at OTA this week.
– When asked if he will change ho he will play at all due to his knee injury, WR Kelvin Benjamin told reporters he will give it 100% and not baby any injuries he has.
– LB Melvin Ingram believes he has a lot more room to grow. “It’s fixin’ to get real.”
– QB Nick Foles has responded to the team’s drafting of QB Jared Goff and the promotion of QB Case Keenum by not showing up to OTAs.
– S Malcolm Jenkins believes that last year’s Eagles didn’t do a good job holding others accountable for their mistakes. He likes the changes being made this year.
– Jeff Fisher commented that QB Jared Goff will get more reps as he gets more comfortable in the offense.
– LB Jamari Lattimore has signed with the Bills.
– T Nate Chandler will visit the Lions today.
– The Browns have promoted six of their personnel to higher positions in the scouting department.
– CB Walter Thurmond III will retire today.
– T David Quassenberry has his year waived by the Houston Texans after cancer diluted slowly last year. Texans will still hold onto Quassenberry after he takes a year off.
– Deflategate has cost parties $22.5 million.
– QB Derek Carr is using his familiarity in the offense to experiment with some different techniques in practice.
– John Breitenbach lists his Top 20 off-season additions most likely to make an impact this year.
– Brad Oremland continues his series on the best WRs by decade.
– Scott Kacsmar analyzes the expected failed completion rate of QBs in the NFL.
– Kevin Seifert notes that even though it is 500 days after Deflategate, the case is still full of mystery.
– Rob Demovsky says the Packers’ receivers have a lot of potential to be good this season.
– Demarcus Ware will not do any on-field work until training camp starts in July.
– Jeff Legwold notes that all three QBs will get their shot this season. Gary Kubiak confirms that there is no real depth chart for QB.
– QB Paxton Lynch, in an attempt to keep himself out of trouble, has been going to bed by 8 pm and waking up at 5 am.
– WR Cody Latimer was arrested on a misdemeanor warrant after failing to appear in court for a traffic violation.
– Mark Kiszla suggests that Gary Kubiak will let the defense weed out the best QB of the bunch during OTAs.
Silver Shenanigans / Silliness
– In typical Raiders fashion, there were three fights at the Raiders’ practice.
– In spirit of JJ Watt’s new logo, ESPN has developed logos for ten other NFL stars including LB Von Miller.
– AJ McCarron told his wife, who was delivering their baby, to, “Gut up!” Which as some may be able to recall was a famous line from World War Z.
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Gandhi