– The offer made to QB Ryan Fitzpatrick sits at around a three-year deal worth $36 million which Michael David Smith notes is 22nd highest in the league.
– Roger Goodell encouraged New Orleans to keep bidding for Super Bowls as they “fell to strong and unique competition.”
– The Bears signed their first-rounder, LB Leonard Floyd yesterday.
– Executive VP of the Cowboys, Stephen Jones, says he has received trade offers for both RB Darren McFadden and RB Alfred Morris but has turned them both down.
– During yesterday’s posted interview with Jenny Vrentas, both Rex and Rob Ryan scoffed that Rex Ryan hired Rob Ryan because of nepotism. It may not be nepotism, but it doesn’t take a genius to know Rex Ryan didn’t look at any other options besides his brother when he wanted to find a DC.
– Former WR Brett Perriman is in the hospital following an episode of stroke he suffered earlier this month.
– RB Eddie Lacy apparently lost weight with the help of Tony Horton, the man behind those P90X videos.
– The Ravens’ rookie from Navy, Keenan Reynolds, has received the go ahead from the Armed Services to play football this year.
– Native American activists argue the most recent poll of the offensiveness of the Redskins name is misguided.
– Mike Renner analyzes why the Cowboys’ OL took the top of the run-blocking and pass-blocking grades in 2015.
– Nathan Jahnke identifies the most improved position groups around the NFL one of which includes the Raiders’ DBs.
– Chase Stuart revisits his article going over kickers who have the most career game-winning FGs in the fourth quarter/overtime. Jason Elam is fourth on the list and John Carney is third, who you may remember for this kick in particular.
– Todd Archer suggests the Cowboys’ will rely heavily on one-back alignments throughout the season.
– Sheil Kapadia tells readers why RB Marshawn Lynch will not return to play football in 2016.
– Mike DiRocco points out that WR Marquise Lee can be Jacksonville’s 3rd wideout if he can stay healthy this year.
– Woody Paige says the Broncos are in yet another quarterback controversy which even he admits has been an overused term as of late.
– Mark Kiszla and Troy Renck debate which Broncos rookie will be the “steal” of the 2016 draft.
– WRs Cody Latimer and Bennie Fowler will both need to make a name for themselves in year three of their NFL careers.
– Troy Renck states WR Emmanuel Sanders is ready to become the Broncos’ leader on offense this year.
– TE Delanie Walker is ‘not your friend until you make the team’.
– Dolphins LBs Kiko Alonso and Jalani Jenkins bond over some Call of Duty, the official game of every foul-mouthed 12 year old.
– Chandler Jones needs to buy some shorts now that he is in Arizona, according to John Weinfuss.
“If you expect to score points by whining, join a European soccer team.” – Anonymous