– In case you haven’t heard the Eagles and Browns made a trade yesterday. Browns get five picks including the #8 overall this year while the Eagles get the #2 overall pick and a fourth rounder next year.
– Green Bay GM, Ted Thompson, stated that the Packers focus in the draft is on best player available.
– The 49ers, Steelers, and Dolphins all inquired about signing the formerly franchise tag’d CB Josh Norman. The Panthers have no plan to re-sign Josh Norman on the open market.
– According to Howie Roseman, GM of the Philadelphia Eagles, trading for the #2 pick was not about the team in 2016 but for 2016 and beyond.
– Iowa State WR, Quentin Bundrage, works out for the Buccaneers.
– Virginia Tech OLB, Dadi Nicholas, will visit the Falcons.
– Cowboys DE Demarcus Lawrence is facing a four game ban for using amphetamines.
– GM Trent Baalke still hasn’t ruled out trading QB Colin Kaepernick but hopes Kaepernick stays with them.
– Mike Florio argues the Browns made the right move by trading down in the draft. He also states that the Panther kind of did CB Josh Norman a favor.
– Greg Gabriel breaks down the top C’s in the draft. He also gives his thoughts on the recent first round trades in the NFL draft between the Browns, Eagles, Rams, and Titans.
– Sam Monson asks: How much is Josh Norman worth?
– Steve Palazzolo gives Kudos to the Browns in trading down.
– Chase Stuart analyzes the sack leaders using a “Gray Ink” analysis. Demarcus Ware is 4th All-Time.
– ESPN Writers analyze the best spots for CB Josh Norman.
– QB Brian Hoyer will meet with the Broncos.
– CB Chris Harris has no doubt the Broncos defense will be just as good as lest year:
“Just hearing everybody saying, ‘We lost Malik [Jackson], Danny [Trevathan], we won’t be the same,‘We won’t be good again.’ That’s our mindset. I think we return nine starters. You can really count [cornerback Bradley] Roby as a starter. We’re really bringing back 10 guys that played a lot. [Safety Shiloh] Keo even played a lot for us. We have a lot of guys back. We know it’s always going to be hard to replace Malik and a guy like Danny Trevathan, who has always had his hair on fire everywhere. [Linebacker] Todd Davis, I think he’ll do a great job of being able to come in and fill that role. No telling with what we’ll do with the draft with the D-linemen. I still think we have the best D-line in the league.”
“It’s kind of a process, “You see this every year happen, especially with the top free-agent guys. They get tagged and they always hold out until July. It’s something that you always see. It’s the nature of our business. I’ll talk to Von when he’s not flying or going New York to L.A. He’s been working, but he’s been busy. He’s definitely making the most of that [Super Bowl] MVP.”
“It’s good to see how important it is for him to be here to train even though he’s still looking for a contract, It’s good for him to set aside the things that he wants and put the team first.”
On the Defense:
“We’ll try to get more picks, we’ve watched missed opportunities, and we could have had even more picks than what we had. That’s something that we’re focusing on. It’s so hard. We were No. 1 in so many categories. Passes [allowed] 20-plus [yards] down the field, we’re No. 1. It’s just trying to figure out ways we can get better. Penalties are something that we looked at that we have to be a lot smarter. We can’t have any dumb penalties like we did last year. Little things like that.”
“It’s so hard to win a Super Bowl, it takes so much work. It’s just about guys having that same type of work ethic that you had the year before. That’s something I kind of wanted to do. I wanted to make sure I had that same work ethic that I had the past years so it doesn’t change. As long as we continue to put the same work in, we don’t have to worry about what New England is doing, what Carolina is doing or what any of those teams are doing. We just have to worry about ourselves and continue to improve our team.”
– The biggest issue in JJ Watt’s life is people complaining that he overshares on social media.
“Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon