– The Bengals worked out WR Hakeem Nicks.
– DE Greg Hardy continues to dig himself into a deeper hole by not comprehending legal procedures around his case.
– In the new rookie-introduction program, the mandatory Hall-of-Fame visit is scrapped. They have also scrapped the national symposium for smaller team-based ones.
– DE Aldon Smith will get a $250k bonus for every game he is on the 53 man roster. His deal is reportedly two years, $11 million with escalators that can bump him up to $20 million.
– The Giants worked out six players in unison yesterday.
– The civil trial involving the other Brandon Marshall will begin on Tuesday.
– DE/LB Joey Bosa will also visit the Jags on that same Tuesday.
– LB James Harrison has announced that he will play next year.
– Chase Stuart analyzes the steep decline of several NFL QBs including Bernie Kosar and Jim Hart.
– John Breitenbach breaks down his safest draft picks in the 2016 NFL draft.
– Sam Monson declares LB Myles Jack is a close sure-fire candidate to a perfect NFL prospect.
– Ben Stockwell states it is not too late for the Seahawks to fix their OL before the season begins.
– Kevin Seifert breaks down some of the best and worst free agent moves for the year. He notes that the Broncos and Jets are in the most precarious position because they do not have a plan in place for QB.
– Nathan Forster introduces the SackSEER projections which will determine the effectiveness of edge rushers. Emmanuel Ogbah, Leonard Floyd, and Joey Bosa lead this year’s draft class in edge rushing projections.
– Ron Jaworski, who claimed when QB Colin Kaepernick was drafted that he would be one of the greatest QBs of all time, thinks he should go to Denver.
– As someone else may have already posted, Nick’s buddy Jason Fitzgerald released an article on OTC analyzing the salary cap decision for QB Colin Kaepernick.
– Paul Gutierrez notes that whoever gets Colin will have some work to do with his improvement.
– The Broncos have said that they are aware of the video showing DE Derek Wolfe’s punch that he threw in the club. His actions will most likely not result in a suspension.
– T Tyler Polumbus retired yesterday.
– Jeff Legwold notes that the Broncos also have questions at RB as well as QB.
– Not that it matters, a new sports radio station is setting up via the Altitude Sports Network in Colorado.
Sad Susans and Silliness
– A group of Patriots fans have filed a federal lawsuit demanding the NFL to redeem the Patriots their draft picks back from the Deflategate debacle.
– Peyton Manning performed Rocky Top while on his trip in Nashville.
“Life is like a coin… You can spend it any way you wish but, you only get to spend it once.” – Anonymous