– According to VP of Football Operations of the Philadelphia Eagles, Howie Roseman, the goal of the Eagles was to get into the Top 10 of the draft.
– Despite big deal from the Jags, RB Chris Ivory will still split carries with another back.
– Like the Dolphins did with CJ Anderson, the Patriots want to make it hard for the Bills to keep RFA Chris Hogan and have cooked up a three-year, $12 million offer sheet.
– Paul Gutierrez suggests that a Manziel for Kaepernick trade would be helpful for both sides if the 49ers agree to it.
– Paul Seifert goes over his winners and losers on the second day of free agency. “There should be no sugarcoating it: Elway has stumbled out of the blocks. He could still recover, but there seems to be a nearly unrealistic expectation that he’s “got this” because he’s John Elway.”
– Ben Stockwell goes over his 10 signings that will make an impact immediately for prospecting teams.
Free Agency Signings/Visits
– WR Jermaine Kearse and the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to a three-year deal.
– DB Sherrick McManis will resign with the Chicago Bears on a two-year deal. Bears also planning to visit Akiem Hicks.
– The Browns will cut QB Johnny Manziel on Friday.
– RG Louis Vasquez is planning to visit Titans.
– C Gino Gradkowski will sign with the Carolina Panthers on a three-year deal.
– OT Jermon Bushrod signs with the Dolphins on a one-year deal.
– LB Tahir Whitehead will resign with the Detroit Lions on a two-year deal for $8 million.
– WR Rod Streater will visit the NY Jets.
– DE Kendall Reyes lands a one-year deal with the Generals.
– P Shane Lechler re-signs with the Houston Texans on a one-year deal worth $1.8 million with a $500,000 signing bonus.
– Brandon Spano argues that the reason why Brock Osweiler left Denver was to leave Peyton Manning’s shadow. On top of that, he was “furious” about being benched in Week 17. If this is even remotely true, why would be upset about being benched when you were on the Superbowl winning team. If Brock was more upset about being benched then happy about winning the biggest game of the year, this says a lot about him as a guy. A Me-Guy. At the end of the day, Brock validation to be mad was wiped clean right after the Superbowl win.
What I will give props for however is that he did a relatively good job of keeping it to himself the whole time it was happening, from all accounts. That was a team-first move, in my eyes.
– In addition to Colin Kaepernick, the Broncos have also been in touch with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
– The Vikings want to change the street name that their new stadium will be on because it is Chicago Avenue.
– Emmanuel Sanders has a couple answers for the Broncos QB problems.
“Every great players has learned the two C’s: how to concentrate and how to maintain composure.” – Byron Nelson