NFL News/Free Agency
– Just in case you missed it, Brock Osweiler really did sign with the Houston Texans on a 4 year deal worth $72 million. He also says he can win a championship in Houston. The Broncos may try to acquire RGIII or Colin Kaepernick in response to the huge free agent signing by the Texans.
– RB Lamar Miller signed with Houston on a 4 year deal worth $26 million with $14 million guaranteed.
– QB Thad Lewis signs with the 49ers.
– QB Chase Daniel signs with the Philadelphia Eagles worth 3 years and $21 million and could be worth up to $36 million if one includes escalators.
– DL Arthur Jones agress to a pay cut with the Colts.
– Raiders add yet another big name free agent CB Sean Smith on a 4 year, $40 million base with $20 million guaranteed.
– The NFL stripped the Chiefs of two draft picks after finding that they illegally tampered with WR Jeremy Maclin.
– The Giants sign DE Olivier Vernon away from the Miami Dolphins worth $85 million with over $20 million guaranteed.
– RB Doug Martin stays with the Buccaneers on a 5 year deal worth $35 million.
– C Alex Mack and the Atlanta Falcons are very close to signing a deal.
– The Pittsburgh Steelers sign TE Ladarius Green to a 4 year deal worth $20 million.
– The Tennessee Titans sign WR Rishard Matthews to a three year deal.
– The Atlanta Falcons add DE Derrick Shelby on a four year, $21 million deal while also cutting DT Paul Soliai.
– WR Victor Cruz restructures his deal with the NY Giants to remain with the team.
– The Saints still decide to pay players even though they really need to get under the cap in a bad way, they sign TE Coby Fleener for five years, $36 million.
– The Kansas City Chiefs retain LB Derrick Johnson on a 3 year deal worth $21 million with more than $9 million guaranteed.
– Kevin Seifert argues his winners and losers in free agency thus far.
– Bill Barnwell grades the biggest deals from yesterday.
– Ben Stockwell breaks down his ten most puzzling moves of the free agency opener.
– Sam Monson breaks down his top ten free agent signings thus far.
“With self-discipline, anything is possible.” – Teddy Roosevelt