As the weekend comes around the corner, the NFL is starting to amp up towards free agency and the Mock Drafts are going to be absolutely relentless up until May. I this weekend edition of It’s All Orange, we are going to dive into Andrew Luck’s possible big pay-day, Terrell Owens exclusion from the Hall of Fame, some College Shenanigans, a lady trying awkwardly hard to be Peyton Manning.
Here are the news:
“Offseason Primer: Teams With Tight Cap Situations” – Bob Morris
“Broncos Cap Clearing Considerations” – Bob Morris
Andrew Luck is apparently going to get paid in some kings gold and some chains in his next contract.
– Arian Foster gives an ESPN reporter insight as to the amount of pain athletes experience in their everyday lives while they are playing the game.
– Terrell Owens was kept out of Canton because he was too disruptive inside the locker room, says a Hall of Fame voter.
“It was the second longest discussion we had in the room other than Eddie DeBartolo,” Myers says. “The bottom line on T.O. is he was so disruptive. With (Lawrence Taylor), you don’t count the off-the-field stuff. That’s a mandate from the Hall of Fame — it’s only what you’ve done on the field. The argument that was made in the room, and I agreed with this, is what T.O. did in the locker room is a part…”
“That counts?,” Tucker interrupts. “Why don’t you just evaluate what’s inside the white lines?”
“I think the locker room is an extension of that,” Myers answers.
“He’s a Hall of Fame player that five teams couldn’t wait to get rid of. So what does that tell about how disruptive he was?”
– Pro Football Focus continues their top ten series by looking at the best free agent kickers and punters.
– Danny Shimon from National Football Post previews draft needs for the AFC East.
– Football Outsiders analyze statistics pertaining to the offensive drives in the postseason.
– DT Letroy Guion signs with the Packers on a three year, 11.25 million dollar deal.
– Jaguars have signed former CFL CB Josh Johnson.
– Giants DT, Jay Bromley, has been cleared of rape charges and wrongdoing.
– Lions sign OT Lamar Holmes.
– Steelers resign LS Greg Warren to a one-year deal.
– Dolphins have cut DE Quinton Coples and CB Brice McCain.
– Mark Kiszla and Troy Renck discuss whether Peyton should suit up for one more year or retire.
– Doc Bear points out that two Denver Broncos are in PFF’s top ten of pass rushing ratings. Von Miler is #2 and Antonio Smith is #10.
– Von Miller, continuing his public performance streak, will appear on the Grammy’s.
– There were some counterfeit items being sold at the parade. About 361 of them were confiscated by Homeland Security.
– The staff at the Denver Post answers if any of the Denver Broncos free agents will return.
– Gary Kubiak is the seventh head coach to finish with a losing record and then win the Superbowl.
– Shutdown Corner details Brock Osweiler’s unusual offseason.
– Chase Stuart does a study in which he analyzes the net points allowed by Superbowl champion defenses. He also finds that CJ Anderson amassed 32.6% of the Broncos offense on their way to the Superbowl.
– Louisiana governor, John Bel Edwards, is threatening to cut football from state-funded institutions in Louisiana, LSU in particular, amid a budget crisis.
– John Harbaugh racked up 136K in recruiting expenses in a two-day period. To give you a perspective, this is more than double my school’s recruiting budget for the whole year.
– Actress Kristin Wiig pretends to be Peyton Manning on the Tonight Show.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs