Things just keep getting grimmer in the Bay:
The 49ers announced Wednesday that outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks is being sent back to California and will not participate in Saturday’s exhibition game against the Denver Broncos after a grand jury charged him with misdemeanor sexual battery.
Unfortunately, this has been a recurring theme the entire offseason, but it has to be asked again: have the 49ers suffered the worst offseason ever? You can be reminded of the devastation of the 2014 starting lineup beyond the fold.
- RB Frank Gore – off to Indy
- FB Bruce Miller – still with team even after a domestic violence charge
- WR Michael Crabtree – off to Oakland
- LG Mike Iupati – off to division rival Arizona
- RT Anthony Davis – retired
- DE Ray McDonald – cut after a domestic violence charge and now charged with rape
- DE Justin Smith – retired
- OLB Aldon Smith – cut after DUI/hit and run
- OLB Ahmad Brooks – the latest lowlight
- ILB Patrick Willis – retired
- ILB Chris Borland – retired
- CB Chris Culliver – off to DC
- CB Perrish Cox – off to Tennessee (and still likely a rapist)
Suffice to say, if the Broncos do well at home on Saturday against the 49ers, expectations may have to be tempered a bit considering the level of opposition.