This one was hard for me to find things I didn’t like outside of a few players who will likely be cut. The Rams look much improved from last year with a good defense. It will be interesting to see if they claim the division.
10 things I liked:
- T Michael Schofield played very well this game
- RB CJ Anderson was also fantastic
- QB Trevor Siemian probably sealed the starting job
- RB Ronnie Hillman showed that he deserves to be on the team still
- IL Dakota Watson – this is the second week where I’ve seen him everywhere. Why did teams never keep him?
- SS Brandian Ross played fantastic, but I think there is too much depth at this position. He’s a quality backup on any team.
- OLB Sadat Sulleyman caught my eyes again, this time getting to the quarterback
- Punter Riley Dixon looks solid
- C Matt Paradis may have a pro bowl year
- OT Russell Okung looks awesome
10 things I didn’t like:
- Defensive penalties for the first-teamers
- CB Taurean Nixon – even though he prevented a touchdown, he let some big plays go past him
- RB Kapri Bibbs was not impressive
- LB Darnell Sankey missed more tackles
- WR DeVier Posey – had a good catch, but he doesn’t run is routes crisp enough
- NT David Moala let some runs blow past him
- WR Cody Latimer has to come down with those passes, or at worst, knock it out of the defender’s hands
- RG Robert Myers Jr. gave into pressure too easily
- How many drops did WR Demaryius Thomas have? Two?
- DE Eddie Yarbrough caught my eye again as not getting his man
This is something I’d expect the Raiders to do, not the Rams
On a side note, did anyone catch the “Victor” Green catch? How could the announcer not know who Virgil is? Oh well, I’d rather deal with that than Phil Simms on any day.