Pro Football Focus has its 2016 free agent tracker up, listing all the potential free agents by their season grades. Going over the Broncos players:
* Von Miller: The highest rated Broncos free agent at 91.1. We know he’ll get the franchise tag if he isn’t extended.
* Derek Wolfe: Rated 90.1, I believe there’s a good chance the Broncos will prioritize his re-signing, given that he’s been a good fit for the defense they currently run.
* Evan Mathis: Rated 88.6. Remains to be seen if the Broncos will extend him, though. His age (34) does need to be considered.
* Danny Trevathan: Rated 87.6. He’s an interesting case. PFF’s metrics would suggest he should be re-signed, but will the Broncos prioritize him?
* Malik Jackson: Rated 86.1. A very good rating, but he may be out of Denver’s price range. Certainly the Broncos aren’t going to keep him and Wolfe together, because that would be too much money put into one position.
* Brandon Marshall: Rated 85.4. Marshall is a restricted free agent, but what the Broncos do with him depends on what they do with Trevathan. If they extend Trevathan, it’s possible they tender Marshall at the second-round level and give him permission to seek a trade. If they don’t keep Trevathan, it would make sense to just extend Marshall rather than risk losing him to another team.
* David Bruton Jr.: Rated 76. It will be interesting to see if the Broncos keep him or if he’s tempted to test the market to see if someone will offer him a starting job.
* CJ Anderson: Rated 74. He’s a restricted free agent. Most likely he gets a second-round tender.
* Brock Osweiler: Rated 71.3. Will be interesting to see what the Broncos offer him and how it compares to what his agent think Osweiler can get elsewhere. FWIW, Kirk Cousins rated 78.3 and Sam Bradford rated 81.5. (I’d list a couple others, but they are backups and have a much smaller sample size.)
* Ronnie Hillman: Rated 67.9.
* Tyler Polumubs: Rated 67.1, but that’s on a small sample size.
* Josh Bush: Rated 65.3.
* Antonio Smith: Rated 65.
* Vernon Davis: Rated 62.8.
* Kyle Williams: Rated 60. Interesting that he got rated given that he has spent the season on injured reserve.
* Lerentee McCray: Rated 56.3. He’s a restricted free agent.
* Shiloh Keo: Rated 55.9.
* Jordan Norwood: Rated 54.1.
* Omar Bolden: Rated 52.1.
* Andre Caldwell: Rated 50.2
* Ryan Harris: Rated 39.1.
You can check the list and click on various headers to sort them.
Note: Sam Brenner is listed at Over the Cap as a restricted free agent but PFF does not list him. Not sure why, given PFF listed Williams despite him not taking a regular-season snap (which Brenner hasn’t, at least not with the Broncos).