– TE Josh Hill, albeit a RFA from the Saints, visited the Bears.
– A new series called “All or Nothing” will follow around the Arizona Cardinals in an ultimate behind-the-scenes look behind an popular sports franchise. Think of this as general sports Hard Knocks.
– T Kelvin Beachum and former 2nd overall pick T Luke Joeckel will compete for the LT spot on the Jaguars.
– Texans team president Bob McNair states that QB Brock Osweiler can become a real hero in Houston. He also said the QB wanted to get out of Peyton Manning and John Elway’s shadow.
– LB Ryan Shazier’s hit on RB Giovani Bernard in the playoffs will now be considered a penalty via new league rules.
– According to the Bills GM, even though WR Percy Harvin has experienced major hip and knee injuries, he still wants to continue playing football.
– No Broncos fans, the Bengals won’t trade QB AJ McCarron.
– QB Drew Brees hope$ for many more year$ a$ a New Orlean$ $aint.
– Drew Rosenhaus’ first move as Johnny Manziel’s agent is to declare there are teams interested in signing him.
– After Superbowl 48, the New York area wants to host another Superbowl.
– The Cowboys do not want to retain DE Greg Hardy.
– WR Jeremy Kerley signs with the Detroit Lions.
– The Packers promote two within their own organization: Eliot Wolf is their new DFO and Brian Gutekunst is their new DPP.
– The Jaguars have hired the great Monte Kiffin as their defensive assistant. Which essentially means they are getting a great football mind for the salary of an intern.
– Suspended Steelers WR Martavis Bryant has released an apology for his actions off of the field.
– DE J.J Watt flew over 20 of his teammates up to his cabin in Wisconsin.
– Adam Gase, one of the coaches that was primarily responsible for Brock Osweiler’s development in Denver, told media that the QB had work ethic off the charts and was mature for a young kid.
– ESPN goes over some immediate impact free-agent signings for all 32 teams.
– Jeff Dooley gives his draft replacement options for five big free-agency departures. DE Robert Nkemdiche and DE Adolphus Washington are his suggested replacements for DE Malik Jackson.
– Sam Monson releases his free agency grades for every NFC East team.
– According to Chase Stuart, Calvin Johnson played on the most pass-happy teams in NFL history.
– Chris from Smart Football attended one of Jim Harbaugh’s coaching clinics and recorded some really good notes.
– Cian Fahey breaks down the play of TE Martellus Bennett and how it will translate in NE’s offense.
– Peter King talks about the new rule changes in the NFL in his weekly MMQB.
– According to Troy Renck, the Broncos are trying to ink a deal with LB Von Miller and are trying to create more competition at QB. He also states that LB Brandon Marshall could be a long-term keeper at the Mike.
Southies and Spuckies!
– An NFL source said that there is zero chance that the Patriots will get their pick back from the Deflategate ordeal. This is most likely due to the fact Robert Kraft didn’t appeal it as soon as possible but instead, waited to write a letter to the commissioner only to have it turned down.
– If TE Rob Gronkowski is unhappy about his contract, Robert Kraft is unaware that is the case.
“Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back, they’re behind you for a reason.” – Anon Y. Mous